Monday, January 5, 2009


Personal Connection

The issue of beach and water pollution is very important to me, because I live in Hawaii and partake in many water activities almost daily. Surfing and paddling out in the waters of Hawaii, I constantly find myself by the quality of the water. Even the quality of the beaches affects me, because I would rather spend my time at a clean beach, just as a tourist would prefer to spend their vacation at a clean beach. No one wants to see the rubbish, smell the rubbish, or have to deal with potential diseases, such as staff. Hawaii's beaches are a main attraction for tourists, therefore if the beaches and water are polluted, tourism will drop along with Hawaii's economy. My parents own a tourism related business, therefore my family relies financially upon the success of Hawaii's tourism industry. The cleanliness of Hawaii's beaches and ocean are of vital importance and should be regarded as a top priority to its government agencies, businesses, and residents.

No comments:

Post a Comment